Tuesday, January 9, 2018

I Make the Living Worthwhile--Part II

Hello, friends.  I feel like every time I write, I'm full of an awesome new plan for my life and telling you all about how great it's going to be...then I forget to share how it actually turns out--and come back months later with my NEW new plan.

So just by way of an update--and also an acknowledgement of all the great excuses I have for not writing--here's my life in just a few words.

Having the kids in school has been heavenly.  I know, I must either be crazy now or I was crazy to home school for four years.  The truth is halfway between, I suspect.  I'm just a little crazy all the time.  Happier, now, though, and so I suspect that I wasn't quite cut out for it after all.  No regrets, of course, we all learned so much and in a way I think it was meant to be.  But I'm glad to have my house to myself now, and six glorious hours of quiet every day.

I have less free time than I thought I would, which will come as no surprise to those of you who told me so.  I am busy with housework and helping loved ones for most of the day, leaving a little bit left over for my own fun projects.  My home is prettier and better-organized than it was four months ago.  I spend more time in the temple, more time exercising, and yes, more time reading and napping.  And I've been investing a lot more time in my writing--just not here, but I'll tell you all about it when I have something to tell. 

Also, my latest antidepressant is doing a good job.  Not perfect, of course, but I'm in better shape mentally than I've been in a very long time.  I'll forever be grateful for the amazing care of my therapist, doctor, and especially my loved ones.

I hope you, too, have someone to watch over you in times of trouble.  Thanks for reading.



No comments: