Friday, November 22, 2013

I don't know what we did differently, but last night the dinner hour was kind of magical.  We were all tuned in, you know?  We laughed a lot.

Isaiah who is just starting to put together full (ly adorable) sentences, kept pointing to the floor and saying, "I dop my tahtoes."  I kept laughing and repeating it because I thought it was the cutest thing, and the kids joined in, imitating him.  Paul had compassion on his little brother and went and scooped up the dropped potatoes while the rest of us were still giggling.

Later in the meal, Naomi's plate full of food somehow slid straight into her lap.  "Naomi, what did you do," I said.  Without missing a beat, Ezra chimed in, "she dopped her tahtoes."  We all hooted with laughter.

Elder Uchtdorff is always urging me to live in the moment and to see my loved ones for the miracle they are. Once in awhile, just once in awhile, I'm able to do that.  Would I could always see the magic that occurs in my daily life.

No comments: