Thursday, April 23, 2015

Book of Mormon Week: Day Five

David A. Bednar taught:

Regular reading of and talking about the Book of Mormon invite the power to resist temptation and to produce feelings of love within our families.  And discussions about the doctrines and principles in the Book of Mormon provide opportunities for parents to observe their children, to listen to them, to learn from them, and to teach them.


Eliza finished reading the Book of Mormon in February of this year.  I was so very proud of her and so very busy that we saved this blog post for now.  Here is what she wrote about the Book of Mormon in her journal:My thoughts on THE BOOK of MORMON

I liked reading the Book of Mormon because I was able to read it personally from my point of view.  At times I would either rush through the scriptures or just read one or two verses and not really pay attention.  But at other times I would really feel the spirit and be impressed at what the prhopets did and were like.  They taught me lessons of faith, courage (2000 SW), and obedience (Nephi.)  I was especially toughed by the fealess young men who bravely fought for what they knew was true from their mothers.  I felt a surge of the spirit as I read how they said "we did not doubt our mothers knew it."

Eliza shows a lot of initiative in her reading.  We basically handed her a set and told her to go for it. So many times she has stopped me as I passed by her room so she could share with me an awesome story she just read from the Book of Mormon.  I love her enthusiasm and her diligence.  I have been especially impressed with how much maturity she has gained since she began her daily study.  She takes her spiritual well-being into her own hands.  She is respectful, considerate, and easy to counsel. She knows and loves the scriptures!


No comments: